Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hello World!

I'm what you would call a "non-traditional" student, which is a euphemism for "older".


My name is Mike and I'm a Visual Communications major. I've been working in print design for close to 15 years.  I was hired for my first design job in 1997 a year after I graduated with an associates degree from a small community college. The school is in Fremont, Ohio which is my home town. The job was with Big Lots, which brought me to Columbus. In the 15 year span I've also worked as art director for two newspapers, and currently am working for a magazine called 614.

1997 is also the year I was married. My wife and I have been married for 15 years. We have no kids and have no intentions of having any. We do have two adorable Labrador Retrievers named Myah and Duncan. My wife was also a "non-traditional" student. She was an Interior Space Design major at Ohio State and graduated in 2004.

Without sounding too much like an e-harmony ad... my hobbies include: Woodworking, painting, playing the guitar, reading, cooking and even though it may not look like it, running. I've recently gotten into mountain biking but, like I said, very recently. I'm an avid baseball fan in the summer and football fan in the fall/winter. And I'm a Mac not a PC. It would be easier to list the types of music I don't like than the types I do. So smooth jazz and disco...out. Like most people my age I'm a fan of the ORIGINAL Star Wars trilogy and wanted to be Han Solo, (the one who shot first) when I was little.

That is a brief summary of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment