Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CR05

The last two classes in Design 200 we have been presenting our "Coleman for the Home" final projects. On Monday groups 2 through 7 presented. The products from these groups were interesting. I especially liked the camp bed idea and more specifically the package design for it. The groups presented well and really kept us interested. On Wednesday groups 8 through A presented, which was the day my group presented. Outside of repeatedly going over my portion of our presentation in my head, I thought these groups presentations were good as well. The Coleman for the Home project was a fun way to get a sense of working in a group and the presentations were a great way to see how others interpreted the scope of the project.

I think, in all, the assignment was successful. Everyone seemed to dig in and appeared to be energetic about the project. I am also glad we had the chance to grade our peers. When working in our groups, I'm sure we all felt our product was the best, this peer evaluation was a good way to get and give feedback on our products.

The Coleman for the Home assignment was a great way to finish the quarter. After learning about design processes, legal issues and the different disciplines of design all quarter, this assignment was a great way for us to show how well we paid attention. Giving the presentations in the last two classes was a very fulfilling way to end this class and see how far we've come from that first class where we had to introduce each other. That seems so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment